Ten Tips for a Romantic and Memorable Valentine’s Day
(ARA) - From its earliest origins, Valentine’s Day has been associated with love. Centuries ago, the Romans celebrated a feast every February called Lupercalia. The celebration included a ritual for matching young, single men and women. Names were placed in a box, a drawing was held and couples randomly matched together were partners for a year -- after that it was up to them.
The Valentine’s Day gift you choose for your loved one and how you decide to spend the day says a lot about the quality of your relationship, so give something that has real meaning to you. Gifts from the heart don’t have to be expensive. Since the traditional gifts of flowers or chocolates don’t last forever, here are ten creative ways to express your love.
* Create your own Valentine’s Day card. Compose a poem or an expression of love that expresses your personality.
* Create a recollection collection scrapbook filled with favorite photographs, love letters, keepsakes from special occasions, and cherished mementos.
* Make a CD of your favorite songs as a couple including love songs that you both enjoy listening to. Buy some romantic CDs, classic videos or DVDs and wrap them all together with red ribbon.
* Jewelry is always a favorite. For the woman in your life, buy a heart-shaped locket and put a picture of yourself in it. Personalize the locket with your loved one’s initials so she’ll have something to wear that’s hers alone. Package it in a heart-shaped box or tied to fresh flowers. For your man, a good choice is the classic sterling silver ID bracelet or cuff links with his name or initials custom-engraved.
* Give silk or glass flowers, which will last forever. If your beloved has a green thumb, give a flowering plant to put in the garden to enjoy year after year.
* Prepare your loved one’s favorite dinner and serve it on a romantically set table and dine by candlelight on Valentine’s Day. For the sweetheart with a sweet tooth, make a decadent dessert such as a chocolate fondue with melted chocolate mixed with a touch of heavy cream, and serve it with fruit or cookies.
* Give the man in your life a personalized gift for his favorite hobby such as personalized golf or tennis balls that say, “I love you,” “You’re a hit!” or “Be mine,” or a monogrammed humidor for cigars.
* The gift of togetherness is precious, given today’s busy lifestyles. Plan a romantic, surprise getaway. Take lessons together to share in each other’s interests like dancing, cooking or sailing. Hire a personal trainer to inspire you to exercise together, or visit a spa together. Spend a night out at the theater and have dinner at a quiet and romantic candlelit restaurant.
* If you plan to propose on Valentine’s Day, hide the engagement ring in a box of candy or at the bottom of a heart-shaped flute filled with champagne. Buy a pair of monogrammed champagne flutes and make a toast with your favorite bubbly.
* If you want to propose at home, sprinkle rose petals around the house. Place heart-shaped candles around your home to create the right mood. Then, enjoy a quiet, romantic evening. Create a banner that says, “Will you marry me?” and hang it outside her home.
For more information, visit www.lillianvernonproducts.com or call (800) 901-8758.
Courtesy of ARA Content